DATA achieves three year CARF accreditation once again
- Published on October 10, 2018
Drug Abuse Treatment Association, Inc. has been issued CARF accreditation based on its recent survey. The Three-Year Accreditation applies to the following program(s)/service(s):
- Assessment and Referral: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Diversion/Intervention: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Prevention: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Residential Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
Areas of Strength
CARF found that Drug Abuse Treatment Association, Inc. demonstrated the following strengths:
- The organization’s direct service staff members are enthusiastic, invested, and highly skilled to offer services. They report genuinely liking their jobs, feeling respected and feel supported, and gaining great satisfaction from the work they do.
- Stakeholders report that their relationships with DATA’s staff members are strong. They indicate that the work that the organization does promotes relationships and improved functioning of persons served.
- The organization has maintained excellent communication with its internal and external stakeholders and community partners. Community partners repeatedly noted that the organization has continued to be effective and maintain seamless operations because of the good working relationships that it has developed.
- DATA’s employees exhibit a positive energy not frequently seen in community programs. The day-to-day challenges often faced by staff members and the persons served can tire the most experienced service providers, leaving them with little left to give others. That is not the case with this organization. DATA’s staff members exude a warmth and friendliness that makes it clear that they truly have an investment in the persons served.
- The organization’s staff member in charge did a tremendous job of preparing packets and instructions for the survey. This contributed to the overall smooth flow of the survey process and made for a more efficient use of time.
- The persons served who were interviewed shared their appreciation for the help they received from the organization and the kind, compassionate, and nurturing environment that the organization creates. From assessment to referral to treatment, the persons served feel valued by DATA staff members, and they show their appreciate both verbally and through their gifts of art.
- Because of the multifaceted programming and services provided by the organization, the persons served have a variety of options for treatment and education, allowing for greater diversity in learning styles and increased opportunities for growth.
- DATA is a prominent member of several collaborations, including the Southeast Florida Behavioral Health Network. Participation in these collaborations is active and beneficial to the organization, its partners, and the persons served.
- DATA shows willingness to serve persons regardless of their ability to pay.
- DATA has the ability and willingness to respond to community tragedies, helping students and families.
- Interviews with stakeholders provided endorsement of the organization’s value to the community.
- DATA has a team of individuals that welcomes the CARF experience in order to make improvements.
This achievement is an indication of our organization’s ongoing dedication and commitment to improving the quality of lives of the persons served. We take pride in keeping this high level of accreditation. CARF continues to recognize this accomplishment in its listing of organizations with accreditation.